Home Uncategorized • What is Parkour all about?

What is Parkour all about?

Parkour has been popping up more and more in the news, on social media, and in viral videos. While you might think it’s just stunts or challenges; it is actually one of the fastest growing sports in the world. There are more competitions and exhibitions being organized each year. It wouldn’t be a total surprise if Parkour made it to the Xgames soon. It is presenting a challenge to athletes, and to those just looking for a way to get fit that isn’t boring, that is catching people’s attention.

What is it?

The simplest description of Parkour is that it is a challenge to get from point A to point B as fast as possible, using the most direct route, and using only your body and anything on-site at the moment of the challenge. Parkour can be done on official obstacle courses, but you will more often find its practitioners running up the sides of buildings, flipping off awnings, and bare skating down rails. The goal of Parkour is to enable you to respond to get out of, or into, any area using what is on hand. It differs from programs such as CrossFit (which has some similar elements), because there is an underlying purpose to developing the strength and skill to cross any obstacle at any moment.

Author:voicefortheuninsured

One response to  “What is Parkour all about?”

• Mr WordPress August 10, 2016 at 5:37 pm Reply

Hi, this is a comment.
    To delete a comment, just log in and view the post's comments. There you will have the option to edit or delete them.

• Crystal November 16, 2016 at 9:00 pm Reply

Did you just create your new Facebook page? Do you want your page to look a little more “established”? I found a service that can help you with that. They can send organic and 100% real likes and followers to your social pages and you can try before you buy with their free trial. Their service is completely safe and they send all likes to your page naturally and over time so nobody will suspect that you bought them. Try their service for free here: http://tapeciarnia.waw.pl/1xcx2

• Britney November 30, 2016 at 7:56 am Reply

I was just looking at your What is Parkour all about? – Voice For The Uninsured website and see that your website has the potential to become very popular. I just want to tell you, In case you don’t already know… There is a website service which already has more than 16 million users, and the majority of the users are looking for topics like yours. By getting your website on this service you have a chance to get your site more popular than you can imagine. It is free to sign up and you can find out more about it here: http://qgo.be/la8IR – Now, let me ask you… Do you need your site to be successful to maintain your way of life? Do you need targeted visitors who are interested in the services and products you offer? Are looking for exposure, to increase sales, and to quickly develop awareness for your website? If your answer is YES, you can achieve these things only if you get your website on the service I am talking about. This traffic network advertises you to thousands, while also giving you a chance to test the network before paying anything. All the popular blogs are using this network to boost their readership and ad revenue! Why aren’t you? And what is better than traffic? It’s recurring traffic! That’s how running a successful site works… Here’s to your success! Read more here: http://kbbl.ir/my

• Britney December 3, 2016 at 7:51 am Reply

Hi my name is Britney and I just wanted to send you a quick note here instead of calling you. I discovered your What is Parkour all about? – Voice For The Uninsured website and noticed you could have a lot more hits. I have found that the key to running a popular website is making sure the visitors you are getting are interested in your website topic. There is a company that you can get keyword targeted visitors from and they let you try the service for free for 7 days. I managed to get over 300 targeted visitors to day to my website. http://trck.be/1SX

• Becky December 16, 2016 at 1:19 pm Reply

This is just the pecfert answer for all forum members

Your comment is awaiting moderation.
    • WOAI – I got news mate – you can go into HSBC and change your RMB for pounds. I did it over xmas! Role on Progress – apparently the thing to do if you get any fake notes is take them home and exchange them for pounds as the english banks have no idea what they are supposed to look like – nice little tip from a chinese friend haha

Your comment is awaiting moderation.
    • Thanks for taking the time to post. It’s lifted the level of debate

• cheap car insurance December 17, 2016 at 7:07 pm Reply

The subsequent time I read a weblog, I hope that it doesnt disappoint me as much as this one. I mean, I know it was my option to learn, but I actually thought youd have one thing interesting to say. All I hear is a bunch of whining about one thing that you might fix if you happen to werent too busy on the lookout for attention.

Your comment is awaiting moderation.
    • Stuffed Cabbage. Potato Kugel. Challah. Apples and Honey. Liver Pate, which as you may remember from last year’s Rosh Hashana- I drink it all day! There were three kinds of dessert-all variations of apple cake made with

Your comment is awaiting moderation.
    • Estaba esperando este anunciado artículo. Definitivamente no pertenezco a esta categoría aunque en más de un oportunidad ha aparecido algún aceite multipropósito o se me han subido las hormigas. Espero las siguientes categorías para ver si me identifico con alguna. Saludos

Your comment is awaiting moderation.
    • Hey, you’re the goto expert. Thanks for hanging out here.

Your comment is awaiting moderation.
    • Just a quick note – what we old-timers call the Army Medical Museum is now a very modern National Museum of Health and Medicine. I remember the old one on the grounds of the Smithsonian. It was dark and scary looking, and the displays were much more macabre than the current cleaned up ones! I liked the old one better.

Your comment is awaiting moderation.
    • You’re on top of the game. Thanks for sharing.

Your comment is awaiting moderation.
    • Oil and propane line tubing? That stuff is usually like 3/8th, and thin enough to bend by hand. At best, scrapped, that’ll bring five bucks, *if that*.

Your comment is awaiting moderation.
    • douglasking2 on October 18, 2011 I am sorry if you feel I am rude, and I apologise. However, I work in ECE in Sri Lanka and for videos toe useful they must demonstrate with real situations. I do a lot of filming to use with my work, to show both good and poor practice, but without real situations, it like learning to drive from reading an instruction manual or hearing a lecture.

Your comment is awaiting moderation.
    • 幾時在餐廳的魚翅吾系早早煮好的?吾通点菜時、老闆先至話”好、等我立即去海到殺條鯊魚先”。淨系用”鯊魚既已早死了”、吾食"是浪費食物"仲吾環保的藉口,那是不是任何endangered species 或 動物都可以gom講而去食他門?好、現在吾系話鯊魚是面臨絕種,系殺他門的方法太殘忍、如果人能罷吃魚翅,maybe we can save the sharks' lives.将来捕鯊的人会怎様改善捕捉方法或去做人工養殖等設想、全是設想而已. 講就好聴、幾時真系有人gom做, mo 人知。Market上有demand就有supply. Being a consumer of é­šç¿…, 您, 素顔小姐,就在support魚翅事業、support鯊魚的虐殺行為。Susanna

Your comment is awaiting moderation.
    • GILLES / na minha opinião a MULHER não deve fingir o orgasmo, poís é notório que elas sentem prazer no corpo inteiro, esperciencia que observo em minha esposa, que nunca fingiu. O ato inocente pod frustar o homem, pois dá para perceber se ela goza ou não, assim sendo sinceras será facil dedectar doenças psicosomaticas que prejudica a saude sexual.Gostei deste comentário ou não: 0

Your comment is awaiting moderation.
    • Jeps, jeg er ogsÃ¥ i fuld gang med efterÃ¥rs garderoben. Faktisk i samme nuancer som dine lækre køb. Jeg glæder mig til at se de færdige ting. Kh Mette

Your comment is awaiting moderation.
    • FranIam,It was A Different Light Bookstore. I worked there for awhile after it moved to Chelsea. I still have friends from those years. It died a long slow painful death, though I hear that the San Francisco store clings to life.

• car insurance quotes December 18, 2016 at 8:09 am Reply

AESYour post was longer than my post was. Just saying. And I actually was not including you in that group at all. But if you feel like you are, then all the more power to you!

Your comment is awaiting moderation.
    • Bring it by my office, enough over enthusiastic people to mod the bike. Filters, valves et al. I wouldn’t put it past the riders to fit in another engine! Congrats on the new bike, and yes please make sure you have the helmet on while riding.

Your comment is awaiting moderation.
    • Really liked what you had to say in your post, Hope for the paralysed as dog walks again after pioneering treatment. | Pet Network, thanks for the good read! — Fletcher

Your comment is awaiting moderation.
    • Kaikille äideille psykologia ja kasvatustiede pakolliseksi. Oletteko tutustuneet em. haarojen tohtoreiden lapsiin?hienosti blogisti herättää keskustelua. Allekirjoittanut ajattelee synniksi sen, joka vie ilon elämältä. Ahdistuksena se usein ilmenee, ja sen kun saa purkaa toiselle matkaystävälle ja uskoa anteeksi, oli se sitten paha uni, yleinen elämän ahdistus, tai vaikka blogistin kiusaantuneisuus isosta perheestä, niin kyllä se helpottaa vanhempaakin. Eikä synninpäästöltä vie arvoa synnin suuruus. Eikä se inflaatiota nyky-arvomaailmassa kovin helposti koe.

Your comment is awaiting moderation.
    • Rev Run came with it. I don’t even know what that Ice Cube shit was… But the top five were Big Sean, Royce, Yelawolf, Pusha T and whoever that dude Bones Brigante was.

• I read your post and wished I’d written it

Your comment is awaiting moderation.
    • Remember years ago I told you only North Americans drive automatic while the rest of the world drives standard? Well, there’s a reason why it’s called “standard” ;o)I’m glad it worked out. When you come back I’m teaching you and Angela how to drive a real car!

Your comment is awaiting moderation.
    • Quote: Bernard’s piece claimed that it is just a myth that Nazi Germany had restrictive gun control laws and he blames the NRA for promoting this myth.This is ironic. In John Ross’ Unintended Consequences, one of his characters points out (rightfully) that the NRA often gets credit/blame for the actions of other organizations.In this case

Your comment is awaiting moderation.
    • domain site and use the programme from…there.the advantages of blogspot: blogspot as a blogging platform has its place in the blosphere too. it is a darn good way to start blogging and because it is hosted by google, there are no other hosting costs involved. it is…

Your comment is awaiting moderation.
    • If you want to get read, this is how you should write.

Your comment is awaiting moderation.
    • Una vez actualizado, no se puede volver a instalar la versión antigua. Si es posible siempre actualiza a versiones superiores pero nunca será posible volver a versiones antiguas.

Your comment is awaiting moderation.
    • I suppose that sounds and smells just about right.

• Jennifer December 4, 2016 at 4:59 am Reply

Did you just create your new Facebook page? Do you want your page to look a little more “established”? I found a service that can help you with that. They can send organic and 100% real likes and followers to your social pages and you can try before you buy with their free trial. Their service is completely safe and they send all likes to your page naturally and over time so nobody will suspect that you bought them. Try their service for free here: http://8si.ru/2l3ih